Hello all, we are all gearing up to celebrate Canada Day here in Canada. Here are two easy craft that you can do with your children for Canada Day. Enjoy.
Handprint Canada Flag
- red paper
- white paper
- Just trace child’s hand (any age —- I do one every year) on red paper.
- Cut out 2 rectangles of red paper
- Glue all onto white paper to create your flag (red rectangle, white square with handprint in the center, red rectangle)
Handprint Wreath Craft
I love handprint crafts! I save each one in a special binder and peek at them every so often. It’s fun to compare and see how they’ve grown.
They’re really easy decorations for even the youngest children to help make.
- Pencil (if tracing) or paintbrush (if using paint prints).
- red paint or red construction paper
- white paint or white construction paper.
- There are two ways to do this craft:
- One is to trace the child’s hand onto paper and cut out the prints.
- The second is to make paint handprints on the paper and cut those out.
- Make eight handprints (4 red and 4 white).
- Cut out the prints and glue to form a wreath.
Happy Canada Day everyone!
Click here to see whats happening around the city for Canada Day.