This is one of my favourite salads in the summer time. Enjoy!
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) coarsely chopped peanuts
- 2 firm mangoes, (about 2 lbs/1 kg)
- 1 sweet red pepper
- 2 carrots, coarsely grated
- 4 cups (1 L) torn mixed greens
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) thinly sliced green onions
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) coarsely chopped fresh mint
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) vegetable oil
- 1 tsp (5 mL) grated lime rind
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) lime juice
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) fish sauce or soy sauce
- 2 tsp (10 mL) granulated sugar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) minced hot pepper
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and pepper
In skillet, toast peanuts over medium heat until fragrant and dark golden, about 8 minutes. Set aside.
Peel, pit and thinly slice mangoes lengthwise. Seed, core and thinly slice red pepper. Set aside.
Dressing: In large bowl, whisk together oil, lime rind and juice, fish sauce, sugar, hot pepper, salt and pepper. Add mangoes, red pepper, carrots, mixed greens, green onions and mint; toss to coat. Serve sprinkled with peanuts.